Thursday, January 22, 2009

Introduction

Hello, my name is Collin Gray.
I grew up here in Santa Cruz, and have lived here my whole life. I have been very interested in the paranormal and unexplained ever since was young, but only recently have been interested in investigating the paranormal seriously. Santa Cruz has a long and rich history, making it a great place to study and explore the paranormal. Recent encounters, as well as research into paranormal happenings in the area has led me to the creation of a research group to study the paranormal in this area and beyond. I am looking for people to perform my research with, from all academic, scientific, or spiritual fields of study. I, personally have a background in psychology, and have a bachelors degree in the subject from UCSC. I ask all persons who have any interest in studying the paranormal to contact me at this post, or at my email address, which is; collinagray@live.com. I would also like to hear about peoples personal experiences, videos, or photos one might be able to show me. I will also be posting my experiences, studies, and research. At the moment, I am conducting two ongoing studies into the paranormal. The first, is basically a catalogue of haunted places in the area. I am looking for roads, houses, hotels, forests, and other places that people expect to be haunted. Hopefully I can catalogue a number of places here in santa cruz, and the surrounding area, and then study each place. This catalogue would also make it easie for other paranormal researchers to find places of interest to study. The second study I am doing involves the paranormal, and Autistic people. I have found, as well as read from others reports, that people with autism, becuase of the nature of the disorder, are more open to experiencing the paranormal than most regular people. I have experienced this personally, while working with two autistic men, who both frequently see a spirit, when others in the home, without autism, do not. I am working with them to see if they are better able to experience the paranormal than people without autism. If you have any thoughts or ideas on either topic, or have a research idea of your own that you would like to share, please contact me. I look forward to hearing from you, and welcome to the Santa Cruz Paranormal Research Society.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm Sang here. I read the comment in my blog. Yeah, it is true that I am interested in the paranormal. Used to read lots about the paranormal during my younger days though. I'm also interested in reading stuff on poltergeist activities (yeah well that comes under the paranormal). I have had people talking about their experiences and addictions with the ouija board and then my aunt says that she saw my grandpa... things were sorta happening until a year or something after my grandpa passed away. But I myself haven't had any encounters with anything paranormal.
    It's good to know about Santa Cruz Paranormal Ressearch group^_^ and the blog looks really interesting and hope to read some stuff about the paranormal^_^
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The addictions with the ouija board later ended up with one of the users having "hallucinations" about someone near her bed whenever she woke up at night and the pricipal of our college advising her and her friends to stop using the ouija board.

    While with my grandpa [all of this happened in my dad's place], once my aunt saw him looking at her from outside the window. then i kept having many dreams about him that he's gonna come back. Then my grandma used to say something about seeing someone (don't remember much about that). Then my dad and others hearing sounds around the house... the sound of metal or sticks (but we have lotsa rats in that place... so that maybe the reason for that), and my cousin who came to my room leaving the door ajar and when he was about to go out, he saw someone looking from he gap in between the doors. At first, i didn't believe him cuz he loves to joke about but then he turned serious and silent after that, that I thought I'd rather believe him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the input and the great story

    ReplyDelete